Keeping your house clean always feels like a never-ending task. Oftentimes, it feels like as soon as you’re done with one task, another two need your attention. So, how do you ensure that your home is always looking its best whether you live by yourself or with a large family?
While most people prefer to hire professional cleaners in Albuquerque, like the team from Celestials Cleaning, there are also some things you can do on your own. One of the first things you can do is drop bad cleaning habits!
Here are The Top Bad Cleaning Habits You Need to Break This Year
- Using Dirty Cleaning Tools: Make a habit of washing your cleaning tools. Not cleaning your tools will cause you to re-distribute dirt and bacteria around your home.
- Using Single Disinfectant Wipes: If you use disinfectant wipes to clean your kitchen or bathroom, more is better. There is not enough disinfectant on a single wipe to do the job, so use more than one to reduce the risk of spreading dirt and germs around.
- Not Reducing Clutter: You don’t need to keep every piece of mail that comes in, especially if your space is limited. Make a habit of instantly sorting papers and disposing of those you don’t need.
- Saving Dusting for Last: Always dust before you start cleaning. Whenever you dust, it tends to spread through the air, meaning if you’ve already cleaned your floors and surfaces, you will need to do it all over again. Avoid this by dusting first.
- Wearing Shoes in the House: This is one of the worst habits for your cleaning efforts. Get yourself and your family members in the habit of taking off their shoes before getting in the house. This will save you a lot of time and effort in cleaning.
- Leaving Neglected Food in the Fridge: Old food is the perfect nesting ground for mold and bacteria. Make a habit of cleaning what’s in the fridge and determine what needs to be eaten right away or thrown away.
- Letting Dirty Dishes Pile Up: Putting off cleaning your dirty dishes only makes matters worse, as bacteria can grow in a very short amount of time. Make a habit of cleaning the dishes as soon as you’re done using them, and teach every family member to rinse off their own dishes and load them in the dishwasher.
- Having Unmade Beds: If you want to change the world, start by making your bed! Why? Because teaching every family member to make their own bed as soon as they wake up is this small win will propel their day on a positive, more responsible note.
Save yourself time and effort by contacting Celestials Cleaning today!
If your schedule does not allow you to do your cleaning yourself, our dedicated team of professional cleaners in Albuquerque is here to help. At Celestials Cleaning, our comprehensive cleaning services are designed to help you feel safe and relaxed in your home.
Contact us online to learn more from our team or schedule an appointment, or call (505) 489-5407 today!